[LargeFormat] A better way

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 8 07:47:17 2002

Dear Dave,

the BTZS tubes. Thye can be put into the film developing drum of the Jobo
2500 series - 5 of them along with a rubber cork from a wine bottle - and
develop 5 sheets of 4 x 5 film in the Jobo.

    I discovered this because the local camera knackers seemingly cannot
supply the appropriate Jobo sheet film reels. I daresay they would do better
but the BTZS tubes work in a pinch.

    I use the CPE 2 and it is entirely appropriate for my level of work - I
expend 640 ml of solution on 6 reels of 120 whatever, and the development is
even and smooth. It is one-way chemical use for me and has proved cheap
enough to encourage me not to reuse the solutions.

    All this said - pursue the darkroom workers who are converting to digtal
and save yourself a fortune.

    Uncle Dick

PS: The OH SHEET contest is going along well now. I have got 3 favourites so
far and am collecting a few more prizes for the imaginative.