[LargeFormat] A better way

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 7 23:13:25 2002

Locally the small Agfa kits are $16 and will do 9 or 10 sheets (4x
35mm). I tend to shoot in blocks of 8, so I expect an average consumable
cost of $2 per sheet. The local price of E6 is $4.

I didn't price the Kodak kits -their capacity is much larger and I would
have to store up my slides, negating any transitory $ savings.

(Dave's photographic accounting rules: Deny or misstate all capital
expenditures. Include consumables in the groceries - therefore
photography is free. Similarity with accounting practices of major
American corporations is merely coincidental)

Dave Hornford
"Where do you store the time you save?"
   --- Anon

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Newcomer [mailto:lnphoto@twmi.rr.com]=20
Sent: August 7, 2002 8:53 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] A better way

> As an experiment I tried Agfa's E6 kit, it was easy & quick & the=20
> chemicals are cheap. The mistakes are mine.

With my contract with the Detroit Water Dept, I have to give them a=20
slide of each print. With the help of a Manfroto copy stand, bulk =20
tungsten film a radio slave and a motordrive on my x-700 Minolta I can=20
crank out about 400 prints an our.

Getting them process has usually takes two days. I've often thought of=20
processing it myself, but the Kodak E-6 kits were expensive if you=20
didn't have a lot of through put and I could see having exhausted on kit

and having 3 more rolls of film to do.  Then there was the mounting of=20
600 or so slides.  In the end I let them do it and I get some sleep.

les