[LargeFormat] Polaroid 8x10 Type 55 p/n Equiv?

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 5 10:51:21 2002

Here's an excerpt from the press release that's posted on the polaroid.com
Web site:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - July 31, 2002 - Polaroid Corporation and One Equity
Partners today announced that an affiliate of One Equity Partners has
acquired substantially all Polaroid assets, creating a new company that will
operate under the Polaroid Corporation name.

"Polaroid is a very special company with a unique heritage and promising
opportunities," said Charles F. Auster, partner in One Equity Partners and
chairman of the new Polaroid board of directors. "The company has made
significant progress since filing for bankruptcy last October in improving
its operations and is well positioned to take advantage of future
opportunities. We look forward to working closely with the company's loyal
and committed employees to maximize its potential."

In a joint statement, Polaroid Executive Vice Presidents William L. Flaherty
and Neal D. Goldman said, "We are pleased that One Equity Partners shares
our vision for revitalizing Polaroid. Our objectives are to build a
profitable core business and realize the tremendous potential of our instant
digital printing technology."

As previously announced, One Equity Partners will own 65 percent of the new
company and the former Polaroid -- now known as PDC, Inc. -- will own the
remaining 35 percent until distributed under a reorganization plan approved
by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

This has been in the works for a while, and even though they emphasize
digital photography in the press release, I understand film sales are their
real bread and butter today.  The above is very good news for those of us
who know, use, and appreciate the unique properties of Polaroid materials
(when's the last time you loaded, developed, and printed a sheet of T-MAX in
daylight and in just a couple of minutes, to mention just one aspect...).

Schuyler Grace

Phone:        480.693.3569
FAX:          480.693.7555