[LargeFormat] Pyro Tips Wanted

Jonathan Borden largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 30 21:00:02 2002

Clive Warren wrote:

> Joseph and Richard, the gloves I bought will have to be replaced - as
> it seems that nitrile gloves are the way forwards. The chemicals are
> in powder form so when the current rain and storms clear away then
> it'll be a garden exercise for making up the chemicals in the fresh
> air.

Latex gloves are just fine as long as *you* aren't allergic to them. I've
been using latex gloves for 20 years and prefer their tactile sensation  to
that of Nitrile by a long shot. I wouldn't stick them in hydrochloric acid,
nor concentrated NaOH, but for common photographic chemical purposes they
work quite well.

I spend the extra postage to purchase PMK premixed -- the concentrate lasts
years, and as has been said, the only real danger is when using the powder.

Jonathan