[LargeFormat] LensBoards

Martin McCarthy largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jul 20 04:20:03 2002

> Can someone please measure the size of the Cambo 4x5 Lensboards?  Or,
> better yet, does anyone know if the Cambo standard flat LB is the same
> size as some other manufacturers'?  I think it is the same as a TOYO,
> but I am not sure.....

The Cambo lensboard is about 5mm taller and wider than what I have on my
Toyo 45C.  Also, they are different in section...the Cambo board is
(relatively) thick and flat, whereas the Toyo board is thin with a lip

   __________
  |__________|   Cambo

   __________
  |          |   Toyo Lensboard

 |_|________|_|  Toyo Front Standard

which slots into the front standard.

So you can't use a Cambo board on a Toyo camera (at least not the 45C!).

You *may* be able to use a Toyo board on a Cambo camera, but I have no
experience of this.  I wouldn't be surprised if it just didn't *quite*
work!

Hope that helps,
Martin
--