[LargeFormat] Cooke Lenses - Suggestions for Future Models?

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jul 17 18:29:20 2002

At $3.4K for a single portrait lens, I woould take back my suggestion to
make the casket lens...... it would cost more than a Rolls.....

What's up with marketing departments like this?  I have some knowledge as to
the number of 4x5 cameras sold in a single year by a particular company ( no
I will not name the company)..... The number is in the order of 300 per
year.  These are enthusiasts with some spare pocket change.   How many of us
would spend $10,000 on a casket set?  The number of maybe 1-2-3 comes to
mind ( wild a55ed gues).  There is such a small market that to have them
custom made would be less expensive......!!!

It is insane.... I would much rather have a single $1000 lens and put the
rest in the bank.

Tell them to save their R+D dollars ( pounds?) and continue doing whatever
it was that they were doing bdefore they started to think about doing this
thing........

Yes, too much coffee......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net