[LargeFormat] Re: [pure-silver]: Automatic Processor Enquiry

Chuck D largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 7 19:19:36 2002

snipped..............

>    Can anyone on my lists please advise me about manufacturers and
>machinery available currently? So far All I have been able to see here in
>West Australia are secondhand Ilford CAP machines and I don't trust them
for
>the future.
>
>     Many thanks for the help.
>
>     Uncle Dick

used processors are showing up now that digital printing is taking over.  I
have found several for free in the US with only shipping or pickup
necessary.  Ozzie's might have a bit of trouble finding the same thing due
to the smaller population but some very high end processors are out there
for just a few cents on the dollar.  Kreonite , Hope, etc. are very
inexpensive in the States - I picked up a 20 inch processor for next to
nothing with only a bit of cleaning necessary.  These processors were 15 to
30 thousand dollars a couple of years ago and have lost much of their value
with the digital { your electric ? }   in the picture . If you don't have to
have a roller transport type the Jobo Auto labs are great!!  In used
condition  they run under $1000 US and can do up to 20x24 inches in almost
any process that you desire.  You program the "brain" then load the tank
with your exposed print - push a button and - it runs and does all washes
automatically. Tanks for all sizes of paper and film are available.

Chuck