[LargeFormat] Light Tents in the Field

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jul 6 20:38:23 2002

At 6:33 am -0700 4/7/02, john frost wrote:
>This was in this mornings' issue of Agfanews......
>the link is full of writing and drawings, very confusing at this early
>hour. Hope it makes sense to you. I think a roll of tracing paper is in
>order..... then you can leave that other roll of paper home!
>john (>)
>
>A TENT OF LIGHT
snip
>More information is provided by Charles Lewton-Brain:
>http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/nenam/reflect.htm

Thanks John and everyone else who made helpful suggestions. John,
that Agfanews is pretty surreal - Lewton-Brain?  Reality seems to be
on the blink today - probably had my head inside this machine for too
long.

Will be visiting the fabric warehouse tomorrow and having a look at
some of that  rip stop nylon.

I leave you with another quote from the effusive Mr Lewton-Brain:

"Bluing is a material that fluoresces blue under normal lighting
conditions. If you have a surface that is emitting a blue light, then
that eliminates any yellow light that you would otherwise see. What
this means is that your sheets are actually yellowish, but the bluing
in them fluorescing blue eliminates the yellow, and so they appear
white to us - but perhaps not to the film and camera."

Think I need to lay down for a while........