[LargeFormat] Light Tents in the Field

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jul 5 17:39:05 2002

At 20:05 03/07/02 -0700, Les Newcomer wrote:
>Okay I might not use this in the studio, but couldn't a couple of yards of
>gauze hemmed at one end and placed onto an embrodery hoop serve the purpose?
>
>similar things were found in budoirs, the top fastened to the ceiling and
>the gauze draped over the bed as misquito netting, I'm sure Uncle Dick has
>one, but hope it's not for misquitos.
>
>les

Les,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about using some material over a
very simple structure that would consist of say three poles with the edges
of the material held down by stones or pegs. Gauze probably comes in
different grades but may let in too much direct light. The suggestions from
Pete to use some nylon type fabric may be the way forwards. It does need to
be heavy enough not to flap around though....

Will pop into a fabric warehouse locally over the weekend if I can get away
from the f32 workload!