[LargeFormat] xtol was Bergger

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 19 23:02:51 2002

When first announced the neat part about Xtol was that you could use it up
to 3:1 as a one shot. But there have been glitches where a dilutions from
2:1 up to 3:1 have randomly gone horribly awry, as in very little
development. so Instead of finding the problem, Kodak stopped selling
smaller packets of the powder.

  I use it straight with replenishment in a manual Dip and Dunk (film
hangers) and have been very pleased.  You just can't block out the
highlights with Xtol!

Les