[LargeFormat] interesting site

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 18 17:08:02 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <click76112@charter.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] interesting site

> Well, I have used TMAX in the past.  My favorite bullet these days is
> Ilford's HP5+ with PMK developer.  I use Ilford's warm tone VC paper.  I
> have some of the old Oriental in the darkroom but have not used it for a
> while.  Don't use Kodak products much.  Make my own developers (film and
> paper) use water for stop bath and make my own fixer.  Use sodium sulfite
> for hypo-eliminator.  Kodak is sorta out of my life right now.

I've been using more Kodak now than I used to.  I think Tmax
with Polymax paper is a well-matched combination...Kodak
did that on purpose.  I've seen other photographers who now
stick with only those products including John Sexton.  I was on
an Ilford kick for a while...FP4 Plus with Multigrade fiberbase
paper.  Now I'm mixing it up a bit.

-Charlie