[LargeFormat] Re: lens question

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 18 09:20:12 2002

CLA
clean lube and adjust

lee
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Maher" <colrehogan@earthlink.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 8:09 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Re: lens question

> The camera I have is a Toyo 45AII.  I'm not sure right this second as to
the size of their boards.

> Yes, these are on ebay.  One of them is attached to what the person says
is an old 5x7 [looks like an 8x10 in the picture] and I'm just really
interested in the lens.  I'll send an email to see if I can find out what
the focal length of these lenses are.  What I posted previously, gave
basically the information that the seller had in the description on ebay.

> What is the shortest lens [inchwise, i.e. 6 inch] that can be used on a
4x5 camera?

> I've also seen the letters CLA a lot.  What is it, clean, lube and ???
>
> Diane
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 12
> From: "Eve Girard" <evegir@reachone.com>
> To: <largeformat@f32.net>
> Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Another lens question
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:00:19 -0700
>
> Diane,
>     The Super board is roughly 3 3/4" by 3 11/16".  The Pacemaker Speed
and Crown boards also fit if you can't find electric boards.  They have the
little raised ribs on their face to engage the board retaining locks.
> Eve
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:05:52 -0700
> Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Lens question
> From: Les Newcomer <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com>
> To: <largeformat@f32.net>
>
> depends on the focal length. The KA is a Tessar. Zeiss owned the patent.
Licensed it to B&L, so they can use the name, when B&L made them for Kodak
they had to revert to the old name--anastigmat.  Unquestionably uncoated and
pre WWI, not that that's bad.