[LargeFormat] Cooke Optics want your suggestions!

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 16 08:52:19 2002

>I hope that Cooke can be persuaded to remanufacture some of their classic
>compact wideangles with some modern glass, shutters and coatings.

-snip-

         I think so too.  Maybe the need is not to re-invent the wheel,
just improve upon it.  For example, I had a Kodak Wide Feild Ektar 135mm -
the "famous" one or the one everyone raves about.  Yes, nice lens, but I
found the contrast, coatings, etc on my brand new sironar-N to be superior,
not to mention the reliability of a new shutter as opposed to oen
considerably older.
         Now, if somebody made the Wide Field Ektar agian, but with modern
glass, especailly coatings & shutter - that would be a different ball game.
         So I hope they do look at some of ther classic lenses too.  Might
save on R&D as well.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"