[LargeFormat] Contact frame

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 15 04:13:00 2002

My first Deardorff bought at the tender age of 15 years old was just like that!
A photo sale of immense proportion. It ran for 3 weeks. I was there
everyday. Brass barrelled lenses and cirkut cameras. The list went on. When
the widow was down to a few scraps I bought what was left. A 5x7
Deardorff no one could open and a 4x5 Super D that was stuck to the
bottom of a wood box. It would not pull out! 25.00 for it all. The Deardorff
opened and was usable as is. Even had a 135 WF ektar mounted. The Super
D was a bit harder to figure out, It was screwed to the box. The veneer on
the bottom was peeled away to reveal the screws. Why?  It took 25 years to
figure it out. The photographer was also a wood worker. He was selling the
Super D
and built a box to ship it in. The "to be" owner had been told how to slide
the veneer out of the way. The screw holes went into the rubber bumper
perfectly. Yes I still have the cameras and a few other items. The original
future owner found another Super D that for the past 30 years I've Cleaned
Lubed and adjusted every 5 years. He shoots the most beautiful ektachromes
for calenders I've ever seen.
Ken