[LargeFormat] Contact frame

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 15 00:11:24 2002

Dear Lee,

     Yes, it really is my name, and yes, I really am an uncle - to an
increasingly nervous set of nephews and nieces. I am the sort of uncle who
fills their children up with red food colouring, starts a game of cowboys
and indians with real bows and arrows and then leaves. I am good for
Christmas presents but the ones I give generally make noise or need
hard-to-obtain batteries.

    I have tried thick glass but I don't seem to be able the get the sort of
close contact between negative and paper that the 4 x 5 frame provides -
there seem to be areas  'out of focus' as it were. I think I need more back
pressure.

     Uncle Dick