[LargeFormat] Linhof Compur 0.0 Shutters

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 10 20:31:01 2002

This evening have been inside the Linhof Compur shutter on a 65mm SA
to do a CLA. Someone else had been there before me but I now have
most of it sorted out and back together. The one thing that is still
puzzling me is the cocking mechanism which is gear driven from a ring
attached to the cocking lever driving a small 3/4 crown wheel which
has an associated coil spring and lever on the same spindle. Anyone
been there or maybe a service manual?

These shutters are an amazing piece of engineering design - I have
never seen so many small springs and beautifully machined levers
calculated to do the same job as a larger shutter but in a much
smaller space. Bit of a feat of design - best tackled before a visit
to the fridge for the amber nectar.......