[LargeFormat] Camaraderie

Penne, Phil largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 7 12:26:38 2002

Clyde Butcher would have to be up there in my Top Ten.  If there was =
such a thing as Photographer Laureate of Florida, he would most =
certainly be it.  His images of what I like to call Inner Florida are =
striking, and his efforts to preserve wild lands are to be commended.
His site is at http://www.clydebutcher.com

Phil Penne

> From: "Pete Caluori" <pcaluori@hotmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:59:51 +0000
> To: largeformat@f32.net
> Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Camaraderie
>=20
> From: "rstein" <rstein@bigpond.net.au>
> Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:56:00 +0800
>=20
> <snip>
> " Who do you consider your favourite photographer? And why? "
>=20
> Uncle Dick
>=20
>=20
> Greetings,
>=20
> I never had a "hero," or favorite photographer.  We're all just people =
and
> all put our lens' on the same.  That was until I saw the photographs =
of
> Vitorio Sella (not sure I spelled his first name properly.)
>=20
> This guy was a mountain climber and image maker that predated Ansel.  =
He was
> born in the mid 1800's and most of his images were taken with (if I =
remember
> correctly) a 30cm x 40cm camera.  His images of some of the world's =
tallest
> mountains are stunning and most were taken between 1880 & 1920.  =
Incredible