[LargeFormat] Infrared Filters

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 6 08:41:25 2002

At 05:17 06/06/02 -0700, Diane Maher wrote:
Clive,
Did you ever get the CoCam 87 and 87c filter thing sorted out? I currently
have an 87 filter gel, but when I put it into the cokin holder, it doesn't
cover the hole completely and in the metal holder for that size that I
have, it doesn't even fit the P sized holder.  I would love to have a resin
P sized 87 and 87c filter.
Diane

Diane,

The short answer is no!  I have approached several potential manufacturers
and either the price or the required quality control didn't work out.

It may interest you to know that someone on the IR list has tested one of
the CoCam 89B resin Infrared Filters with a spectrophotometer and it was on
the button throughout the curve for the Wratten specifications. To achieve
that sort of quality for 87 and 87C filters is expensive.

So you are going to have to use your gels for a while yet. The CoCam 89B
will work well for MACO Infrared film and that's the only 4x5 Infrared film
readily available at the moment.