[LargeFormat] Going on a cruise - what filters to use?

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 5 22:36:47 2002

Dear David,

     You are under a misapprehension. When I travel - that is if I get a
map.....- I do it light. A camera, a lens, a tripod, a dark cloth, a meter,
24 holders, film, and a changing bag. And  a bag of gold and a crossbow with
a dozen bolts. Whatever cannot be resolved with the gold can be resolved
with the steel.

    Actually When I travel in my ute I do it heavy. I traded a rifle to a
chap for an aluminium travel case that fits the entire kit above in padded
luxury. It is too heavy to steal out of the ute, so I can leave it safely in
country towns.

     The filter question that Ole raised is a good one. I stick to red,
yellow, and neutral density but I do add a pinhole card to the box these
days. My pinhole day pictures came out wonderfully though I failed to find a
way to submit them in time. The customers were pleased, however.

     My new experiments with the mammography film may yield the goal I have
wanted for a long time - orthochromatic sheet film on the local market.

     Uncle Dick