[LargeFormat] Going on a cruise - what filters to use?

john frost largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 5 17:12:25 2002

I found the B&H Gelatin Filter Holder/Lens Hood. Holds three inch
gelatin or plastic filters. Attaches to lenses from 20mm to 67mm
diameter with spring-loaded clamp. Item # GBFH##. $32.95.

Also, most lenses will accept rear mount filters - this gets them outa
the sunlight, reduces flare and vignetting.

The sharp cut off ND filter is useful if it is a 3x5 or 4x6 size, so it
can slide up and down to align with the horizon after composing the
shot. Of course, stopping down may move it out of the image path
then....

john (:>)