[LargeFormat] Headline: Little Camera Guy Intimidated by New Toy

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 1 07:23:12 2002

Dear Philip,

     I notice from your latest posting that you are somewhat nervous about
meeting me and the MkIV Kangaroo. You need have no fear - the one you want
to avoid is the Wombat. It was conceived as an anti tank weapon by the
Australian military who had a superabundance of  (A) 250lb. aerial bombs (B)
small rocket motors, (C) Land Rovers and (D) old Sherman tanks. They mounted
A on B, slung it off the back of C and fired it at D. No guidance save
gravity and good intentions but when it finally fell to earth it dug a
crater reminiscent of a 250 lb. aerial bomb. Did D happen to be there at the
time the weapon was a success.

    Please do not warn people off me. It makes my job harder. And they end
up far more scratched and bruised in the end. Which end depends upon whether
they are English and/or members of the Liberal Party.

     Uncle Dick

PS:    For any of the list members in eastern Europe or America who do not
understand the jokes - they are at the expense of the English, who deserve
it. Remember Bunker Hill. Remember Waterloo. Remember the Maine.
Oops....wrong English....