[LargeFormat] Ansel Adams at 100

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 31 14:21:43 2002

I think I would agree with Karl that perhaps papers and chemistry changed as
well as perhaps his vision on prints. To see some of them I would have to
agree that his printing technique was remarkable. I must admit some of the
smaller prints that I saw the ones that were like 4x5 size were not much to
look at. I wonder if they were just included because they were available from
the owners? But there were only a few of those.  I'm not sure how many there
were, I enjoyed the exhibit.  His surf series I found interesting. I had
never seen them before. One thing if and when any of you see this exhibit
don't bother with the taped guided tour. I thought it was bad it just gave an
interpretation of the prints no real info or insight into Ansel. At least for
me I didn't think it was worth the 6 bucks.

Greg