[LargeFormat] Headline: Little Camera Guy Intimidated by New Toy

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Wed May 29 17:21:24 2002

Hi Alan,

First don't be to intimidated (if you can). One of things I enjoy most about
LF is the process of taking a shot. All of the setup is important to me. It
makes me think more about what I'm doing and pay attention. Which I think has
made me think about all of my photography. In anycase I'm not what you would
call a technical photographer. I don't use any calculations at all with a
palm pilot I do use a meter of course but don't even try to calculate DOF I
look through the GG and compose and focus to what I like or need for the
shot. As has been posted I only worry about bellows extension when doing
extreme close-ups. But there is one thing you might consider, that is to use
Polaroid's. They are a big help when working, you can check exposure and
focus if you have the time when you are shooting. A Polaroid back is not to
pricey, the film isn't necessarily cheap about 2.00 a sheet but if you only
use a few per shot it's worth it. Other wise just go out and burn the film,
have fun good luck.

Greg Orlando