[LargeFormat] Headline: Little Camera Guy Intimidated by New Toy

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue May 28 22:11:36 2002

Let's walk before we run.  Leave the spot meter attachment in your wife's
care until the first box of film has been spent.  Leave the palm pilot with
your offspring.

You've had 30 years of composition so I won't tell you what makes a good
photo.  Bellows factor doesn't come into play unless your up close, so for
now shoot stuff at least 12ft away

set the camera on the tripod, aim it at your subject. for now use non movin=
things, fences, buildings, landscapes, etc.

open the lens.  a Caltar Ii should be new enoguh to be in a copal shutter
and have a plastic triangular lever to open and close the lens.

Look AT the ground glass, not through it.  Wiggle the front and rear
standard until something shows up. fine focus with the proper knobs.
Lock everything down.

Now come out from under the darkcloth, coat, or whatever. around to the sid=

close the lens. Carefully insert a film holder.  Then move to the subject,
point the white plastic dome of the Lunapro at the camera,  adjust the
settings, pull the darkslide, cock the shutter and

FIRE!

now put the darkslide back in before you turn it around and do another.

It's simple.