[LargeFormat] RE: lens board

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun May 19 16:46:39 2002

Jim I respect your long experience but on a camera whose bellows are very
compressed when using a flat lensboard with a wideangle lens then placing
the lens in a recessed one enables the front standard to be pulled forward
to focus, thus easing off the tight bellows somewhat and permitting some
rising front.  As to whether the 90mm Angulon allows rising front, this is
another problem which lens boards won't affect. My little Linhof permits no
rising front on a 65mm lens on a flat board but  a recessed one allows a
little rise.  The 65mm f6.8 Angulon doesn't like rise but the 65mm f8 Super
Angulon allows some.  The f5.6 version is too bulky to fit and costs too
much anyway.....   Philip