[LargeFormat] RE: lens board

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 18 23:58:04 2002

Jim,

While you're correct about the 90 on a Linhof, a recessed board will have an
effect on rise, fall, and other movements with any lens shorter than that
90.  This is due to the near fully compressed bellows binding.

I've never noticed a significant amount of sharpness fall-off near the edges
with my 120 Angulon, BTW.  I used to own a 90, and had no problems with it,
either, but that's been a long time ago and I don't have any evirence to
support that statement.  My 120 Angulon is the one lens I would take on trip
if I were limited to just one lens.

Karl Wolz