[LargeFormat] Sinar system.

Rich Lahrson largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 11 21:37:06 2002

Hi Martin,

     I'm sure this subject is of general interest for this list in
particular.  I'm
currently looking to purchase a large format camera. I've used two 8x10s,
a Calumet and an Ikeda.  I'm considering smaller size.

     In any event, the principles apply regardless of format.  I've seen the
sales brochure when the then new Sinar P style was introduced decades
ago.  I was impressed by the principle employed and saw one in a large
photo store.

     Perhaps Linhof is more available in Europe, but here in the US there
is much more Sinar available, as indicated on the eBay.  Further, in the
large photo center of NYC more Sinar is available for rental than Linhof.

     That being said I'm very pulled to the Linhof Technikas solely because
of their quick setup and rangefinder option.  There's even a 5x7 previously
made.

                                                      Rich