[LargeFormat] Hiking & Film

Mike Kirwan largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 2 14:28:02 2002

I tried and tested both the Fuji system as well as a polaroid back and still
preferred the new Kodak ReadlyLoad Holder.

I did have a Grafmatic a few years ago but found I was getting more dust
particles when using it compared to regular film holders. Also I had a
couple of dodgy septums which did not help. The other nice thing about
Readyloads is a zero dust problem. Now teh world would be a better place if
I could get FP4 in Readyload, and maybe the gods will shine on me and give
me 5x7 Readyloads :)

Mike

Thanks Mike.  That confirms what I've found with TMX.  My preference is
FP4+, or HP5+ if I need a bit more speed.

For hiking have you considered either a Grafmatic holder, or the Fuji
CuickChange system.  A single Grafmatic holder will hold 6 sheets of film
and the Fuji has removable cartridges that each hold 8 sheets.  Both are
good choices for keeping the weight down when traveling with LF.

Regards, Pete