[LargeFormat] Ross lens, Epsilon shutter

Martin McCarthy largeformat@f32.net
Sat Apr 20 16:36:00 2002

Les,

You're always a mine of information.  It's great to have it applied to
me!

> Ross was a lens maker held in high esteem for quality,

That's about all I know of the company.

> About the camera. If you look inside the body above the bellows there
> will be a 6 digit numbers stamped into the wood. sometimes it's better
> to push the lens in and use a flash light.  This could give us a
> better idea as to when it was made or possibly if it was made for
> military.

The dealer and I spent quite a while looking for a serial number before
we gave up.  At least I'll know where to look if I ever buy another one.
Anyway, the number is 263323.

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
marty@ancient-scotland.co.uk    \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk