[LargeFormat] RE: inserting the film holders

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 18 09:47:07 2002

From: "Diane Maher" <colrehogan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:59:37 -0500

I did pull the dark slide, trip the shutter via cable release, and then
re-inserted the dark slide.  I don't think it's happening with all my
film holders.  I've just started doing LF and probably need to get a
technique/routine down.

With regards to whether I broke the ground glass, I didn't break one,
but noticed someone on ebay was selling an old Kodak.

When I load the film, I move the bale handle, insert the film holder and
when I was shown this, I was told to carefully lift the opposite side of
the ground glass and ease the film holder all the way in before pressing
the bale lever back down again.  I will check the back's locks and see
whether they are tight enough.

As far as the fuzziness on some of the sheets, I've only noticed it on a
couple.  The last ones I had developed came out nice and sharp.  I will
keep an eye out for the fuzziness.

Diane

Greetings,

I've been reading this thread and quite a few good suggestions have been
offered.  Perhaps you have some defective film holders.  I suggest you
number your holders, then mark each sheet of film to see if the problem
reproduces itself in the same holder.  You can easily mark sheets of film,
by snipping corners.

Regards, Pete