[LargeFormat] Re Worldwide Pinhole Photography

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sat Apr 13 13:00:07 2002

I am wondering whether I could use a pinhole camera as an ultrawide camera.
I thought I might tape a suitable length of 120 rollfilm negative inside a
shoe box on the long side.  There is sure to be a falling off in
illumination towards the edges. In conventional ultrawide photography the
use of a graduated centre filter is suggested to reduce the light in the
middle region of the negative.  Is such a filter needed with a pinhole
camera and if so what size and how is it to be contrived? Philip