[LargeFormat] Uncle Dick's Cards

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 12 23:23:08 2002

I have to inform the list that Uncle Dick's cards have been received
and I will be visiting my tailor in preparation for the shoot out. It
is clear from the cards that the challenge will require a clear head
and a steady hand.

My chosen weapon is plate cameras and rubber bulbs. My honour will be
satisfied along with Uncle Dick's when I have prepared my cards as
etiquette demands. The gory details will appear on the f32.net web
site in the duelling section.

A second will be needed to carry my darkcloth and film holders -
applications welcome....

Shakespeare - Twelfth Night: Sir Toby Belch warns Viola, disguised as
a male, that the foolish Sir Andrew Aguecheek seeks a duel. "Hob,
nob, is his word," Sir Toby tells her; "give't or take't" (III.iv.240)

hobnob (verb) "to have or not have"; to mingle or associate casually
- essentially what we do on this list.