[LargeFormat] A New Toy

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 11 09:37:01 2002

----Original Message Follows----
From: Les Newcomer <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:12:45 -0700

your was part of a huge batch of 4500 cameras that were started 12/2/47.
I'd lay odds yours was made in '48 since you about halfway through the
batch.

If the film holder looks abou the size of a Mamiya RB 67 back then it went
to a mini. they did make knob wind 23s for the 4x5 but there was a big
flange around the holder to allow it to fit the back of the camera.

<Snip>

Thanks Les!

I figured the back was for a mini, because it doesn't have that flange you
mentioned.  I guess the guy that had it before me picked it up thinking he
could use it and never did - at least not with this Speed.

Regards, Pete