[LargeFormat] A New Toy

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 8 19:27:04 2002

The bellows are not leather. Its similar to Naugahyde. Use some Lemon
Pledge on them.
Ken

From:           	"Pete Caluori" <pcaluori@hotmail.com>
To:             	largeformat@f32.net
Subject:        	[LargeFormat] A New Toy
Send reply to:  	largeformat@f32.net
	<mailto:largeformat-request@f32.net?subject=3Dsubscribe>
Date sent:      	Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:14:34

Greetings,

Over the past few months, I'd been thinking (that's my first mistake) abou=
building a small, fixed focus 4x5/5x7 for portable/handheld use.  Knowing
that I've got a million other things to do with limited time, this is
something that would take me quite some time to accomplish.  Then on a whi=
m,
I stumbled across a 4x5 Speed Graphic, of which I=92m now the proud owner.=
made a few exposures this past weekend and I=92m quite surprised at how sh=
arp
a hand held 1/50th sec. exposure can be.

In the past I=92ve used Lexol to treat leather bellows, but I=92m not quit=
e sure
the bellows on this camera is leather.  The model I have was made between
1947 and 1955.  Does anyone know if it=92s leather, or how I could check? =

Better yet, how should I treat it as it=92s a bit dry.

I also acquired a Grafmatic holder in the transaction and it=92s interesti=
ng.
It=92s smaller than Fuji=92s QuickChange and operates a bit differently, g=
iven
it doesn=92t have a removable film cartridge.  The one good thing, it can =
be
operated while wearing gloves, where the Fuji can=92t.

Thanks!

Regards, Pete