[LargeFormat] Monorail on the road

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 8 12:19:19 2002

When I move both standards on the Alpina to one end the Sinar Alpina
takes up very little room. It fits inside the pack with the standards
folded over the center. The bellows get packed separately and this year
I'll only be shooting quickloads so I have one filmholder and a box of
Quickloads (Although the price of Neopan Across Quickload might drive me
to a QuickChange system - my wife had a different suggestion on how to
save money on my camera hobby)

Dave
The most memorable moments in life can be enjoyed by doing nothing.
   --- Sheila Edenfield

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Nanson [mailto:brock@nanson.org]=20
I know you'll just love hearing this...

If space is a concern, why not ditch the monorail and go with a press
camera?  MUCH easier to pack... and I'm going to bet you don't need much
in the way of movements for the typical hiking scenes you'll find.  The
Super Graphic has a fair bit of movement in any case and can be had on
EBay for not too much if you shop around.

Now to the lenses.  Because the press cameras don't have that much
movement (and you aren't likely to use much anyway), coverage by the
lens isn't nearly as important.  You would probably find some of the old
original lenses for these cameras do fine for you.  And they are small,
small, small. And the lens boards are smaller, smaller, smaller!