[LargeFormat] Lensboards on the road

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Sat Apr 6 16:04:12 2002

For those of us who venture off the beaten track with your LF gear what
do you do about lens & lensboards?

Do you have each lens mounted to a lensboard? Change them in the field?
What do you do to protect them?

I am thinking of a couple of week-long backpacking trips. A mounted lens
is a very bulky object taking up to much of the limited space in my
pack, but even at my best I'm not all that clean after living in my tent
for a few days, and it is even possible to drop things -  so I'm
concerned about the remounting process.

My current thinking is to put each lens in a Domke wrap and take along a
pair of lens boards (Copal 0 & 1)
-Fujinon 75mm	Copal 0
-Fujinon 90mm	Copal 0
Yes I know they are close, one may not get packed, but they were both a
very good deal and selling the old Calumet provided a respectable down
payment on one of them
-Sironar 180mm	Copal 1
-Fujinon 450c or Nikkor 300m will be a Copal 1 when acquired

Regards Dave