[LargeFormat] 8x10 B&W Film

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 5 10:44:28 2002

At 14:30 29/03/02 +0100, tomphoto@gmx.at wrote:
>I've written to a firm name is scart in Tschechoslowakia and wait for a
>reply, hope the price of forte 8x10" is good and than will test this one.
>
>Yes. Clive it would be better if I take two sheets of film with me, but
>I want only one picture. It comes at 4 pm from the lab and I hope if the
>scan is okay I will sent it to you for the forum, picture is taken with the
>Rodenstock Grandagon.
snip

Well after all the discussion and helpful reviews on the list I managed to
find some 8x10 Forte. It seems that there are not too many people using
8x10 in the UK as several suppliers had no stock of any 8x10 film and would
only make special orders.

After a bot of probing and gentle questioning, my bet is that Forte supply
film to Bergger.

Most people just chuckled when I asked if they had any 8x10 trannie film in
stock and some immediately jumped to the conclusion that if I was ordering
8x10 then it must be lith or copy film that I was after.....  I have had
this problem with 5x7 - even to the point of one salesperson asking me if I
was sure about the size and had I measured the film holders!

Will let you know how the Forte performs.