[LargeFormat] Pollie sheets and digicheckers

mark blackman largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 4 14:33:00 2002

>     Wait a minute, folks. Is this a chance for a great new product? The
> digital checker back? No need to create a megagigawhackafile to put into a
> computer - just a little liquid crystal screen at the back to show a
central
> part of the image - and an adjustment that accurately correlates the
> intensity of that image to the ASA of the film that you are using. The the
> whole image can be wiped by the next shot - no need to save it.

Dick,
I think this a wonderful idea, rush ant patent it now. If I may be so bold
as to add it to it, why not make sure that this  new
digitalbackwhichwillbeverycostly provides such resolution that we could all
use our ancient loupes to check the focussing in the corners? Whilst I'm at
it and getting carried away, how about making sure the design places this
newfangledalldancingalllhugging back in the focus plane? I am absolutely
sure no one has ever come up with such a ground breaking idea, I'm sure you
could retire to the more pleasant climes of the globe, and not put up with
all these nasty out-casts of the British Empire you seemed to have occupied
so far.

Mark.