[LargeFormat] Fuji Quickchange

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 2 12:27:01 2002

From: Jim Brick <jim@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:22:45 -0800

<snip>
I have eight Grafmatics, a dozen spare septums, and the factory repair
manual. Other than being a bit heavy, these things are built like a tank
and will virtually last forever with decent treatment. One of the main
advantages is that they are nearly completely metal. Only a very few
plastic trim pieces. Metal does not build up a static charge and therefore
remains virtually dust free. Unlike conventional film holders, except for
the old wooden holders. Anyway, since I've been using Grafmatics instead of
Lisco, Fidelity, Riteway, etc, film holders, my dust problem has gone to
Zero.

The Quick Change holders are all plastic. The original load from Fuji
should be dust free but I cannot imagine that re-loading these holders
would be. Plastic is very prone to static charges, however minute, that
seems to suck in dust.

Badger Graphics has Quick Change film available in Provia 100F and Velvia.
No Acros. (I just checked their www site.)

I mostly load my Grafmatics with Agfa APX-100. I still like it better than
Acros.

Jim

Greetings,

Very true Jim, but the only problem is that Grafmatics are no longer made.
They can be found on the used market, but condition is often questionable.
This makes the QuickChange attractive.

Regards, Pete