[LargeFormat] Help getting a camera

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 2 10:43:28 2002

At 09:38 02/04/02 +0200, Betsy Schneider wrote:

>I have recently moved to Trondheim, Norway and am desperate for the use of a
>monorail camera with at least a 20 inch/ 50cm rail and a 90mm lens.
>
>While in graduate school in California I made my work using a fully extended
>4x5 Cambo monorail with a 90mm Schneider lens and strobes to do extremely
>close up work on moldy fruit and body parts. The results were wonderful. I
>now have a perishible item which I cannot take out of Norway (I suppose I
>could drive it to other parts of Scandinavia). I will need the equipment for
>no more than a week, but I have absolutely no idea where to find it to rent
>or borrow.
>
>Does anyone know either a) a place in Norway (Trondheim?) where they rent LF
>equipment? or b) a place in Europe where I could rent and have it mailed?
>
>Betsy

Hello Betsy,

If the need is urgent then renting from Calumet may be the answer - you
will pay a fair bit for hire of equipment and the shipping if they offer an
International hire service. I guess that the perishable item will not wait
for an EBay purchase or scanning the used equipment market. I think you may
be surprised by the good deals out there right now and the total cost may
even be cheaper than hiring when return shipping costs are considered.