[LargeFormat] Re: LargeFormat digest, Vol 1 #340 - 14 msgs

Jon largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 28 15:27:26 2002

Hi Pete,

> I don't know the size of the 58XL, but your cheapest and best option may be
> a Lee 87 gel type filter in a Cokin P type holder.

Hmmm, that or the Gel Snap with a 4x4 polyester.

>Perhaps CoCam can supply
> an 87 Polyester filter??
>
> I'm assuming you're using MACO IR film.  I personally have only used MACO in
> 120 roll film as I still have a frozen supply of HIE.  With HIE I prefer an
> 87C filter, but have found it to be too strong with MACO.  MACO's
> sensitivity peaks around 820nm and the 87C cuts off too much.  As Clive
> pointed out, with an 87 filter, MACO's EI is a low 3 to 6 ISO.

No, I've always used the HSI with a 87C, but since HIE is no longer made,
I'm going to try Konica in a roll film holder.

> To avoid vignetting, I've modified the Cokin P holder by removing the front
> two slots.  This is easily accomplished with a hack-saw blade and some extra
> fine sand paper to smooth all edges.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. What is the widest lens you have put your
modified holder on?

Thanks,

Jon