[LargeFormat] Plate Holders

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 28 08:59:30 2002

> To give you a feeling of what these guys had to go through with their
> plates, there is a short video clip on the Getty's collection web site
> about how to make wet collodion negatives on glass plates.  Very
> interesting.
> I can see that when dry plates and then film emulsion were invented, it
> must have been considered as major breakthrough!  And then, oh the
> luxury of rollfilm...
> http://www.getty.edu/art/collections/media_gallery.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guy

yeah but no self respecting photographer in the 1880s would have used
dryplates, that was cheating, cheapening the guild, you'd be looked down
upon by your contemporaries.  I dare say you'd be no better than those
people with those, those nasty filmless digital cameras trying to pass
themselves off as photographers today!!!!!

Sincerely,

Ned Ludd