[LargeFormat] Re: Filter set-up for 58mm SA XL?

Jon largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 27 21:43:46 2002

Hi Clive,

> A quick response that may help.

Thank you for that.

> Konica 750IR 120 roll film in the Sinar back using an 89B filter
> would be my recommendation. The speed of the Konica (and MACO) film
> is too slow using any stronger filter.

Hmm, is there really going to be much of a difference between the 89B and
the 88A? I'm already on a tripod...

> A few people have made complaints about Roland's cut and rolled HIE

I've heard the same things... and that the film is very 'curly.'

> The site listing infrared filter characteristics, wavelengths and
> exposure recommendations for particular filters/film is of course,
> http://www.infraredfaq.org  but you probably knew that already?

But of course...  :)

What I would like to see is the listing of all the nomenclature used by the
different filter manufacturers. Maybe a matrix that says an 89B is a B+W 092
and a RM90 is a... you get the idea. I know how to find it out, but it might
be really good for people just learning IR. Maybe a few modifications to
your FAQ?  :)

> As for me disappearing for a week or so - a nasty bug tried to stop
> me using my cameras and succeeded! Still recovering......

The same here, which I why it took so long to reply to you...

> Hope this helps,

It does, thanks,

Jon