[LargeFormat] Filter set-up for 58mm SA XL?

Jon largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 24 00:32:22 2002

> How do you compensate for focus shift? My Zone VI doesn't have a red dot
> on the rail for corrections.....

It doesn't?? My Technikardan does... right by the autofocus switch.  :)

> Will that lens pass IR?

For what it cost...it should compose the shot, process the film, and say in
a soothing tone "nice shot"...

I couldn't remember the formula, so I did a Google search and got this:

http://hv.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003GLm

Which states this:

Formula for focus adjustment is add .0025% of focal length to the bellows
extension. Kodak's example is "a 200 mm lens would require a 0.50 mm
extension as 200 mm x 0.0025 = 0.50 mm

I'm not really concerned--on several occasions I forgot the to make the
adjustment to the red dot on my 35mm gear and I never had any out of focus
issues. Generally I use a small enough aperture that the DOF covers for any
focus shift.

My big concern is not having to buy that Hoya 67mm #RM90 glass filter from
B&H... are you ready:

Price $334.50

Now THAT'S a concern...  :)

Jon