[LargeFormat] t-max developer d76

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 21 13:44:05 2002

I use a 2 min plain water bath at normal dev temp (70-75=B0).  It helps the
magenta stains (at least that's the color the water turns so SOMETINGs
coming out)=20

In the past I've used 1 gallon deep tanks. I'm setting up my 3.5 galon tank=
now.

When I tray processed, I didn't use a pre- dev bath, infact I usually
one-shoted the fix so I ignored the stop.

For tray dev I use an 8x10 tray for 4x5 film fill the tray at least half wa=
up.=20

Stick my right hand in the bottom of the tray (palm side up) and drop the
sheets in one at a time emulsion side down.  When all are in I start the
timer, then pull from the bottom one per second rotating after everyone got
shuffled.  With either the first or the last sheet rotated so the notches
are lower left I can pull the film  in the order they went in, incouraging
even developement accross the stack.

Once all are in the fix I set them up again with my hand in the bottom,
suffle for 4 min then I can put the safelights on, pull my hand and let the=
rest for another 1-2 while I set up the wash.

needless to say, with all this direct contact, I don't use Pyro.  either D7=
6
or tmax RS