[LargeFormat] Re: [LargeFormat]waay off list

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 19 16:31:25 2002

From: Les Newcomer <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:36:59 -0800

 > Dear Les,
 >

 > The farm ute carries shooters in the back and occasionally it goes over
 > a paddock at too high a speed and the good old boys fall out and bounce
over
 > the landscape.
 >
 > Uncle Dick

Uncle Dick,

Sounds like the same thing Baxter Black a "cowboay Poet, rancher and former
large animal veteranarian" (modern version ofWill Rogers) talks about when
he had a problem with some geese eating up his crops and a load of city type
visitors wanting to shoot somethin.

He got the guys-- with their european custom guns, hand stiched shooting
vests and top end Bauch & Lomb glasses, in the back of his truck and told
them he would drive full speed down the road on the side of the field and
then dart into the field in the middle of the flock, thus giving both side
of the truck a 'fish in the barrel' shooting advantage.

"Okay!" said the guys,

So Baxter barreled down the road at about 50, turned and had the geese
caught completely  by surpise. They were four deep in the air and some were
bouncing off the trucks. He fully expected to hear a near Pearl Harbor
battle going on in the back but to his suprise, not a shot was taken.

Dumbfound he wheeled around back on the road, stopped the car and got out to
see what was the matter.

Now any first year veteranarian or rancher knows that when the fight or
flight instict is triggered, the body automatically eliminates excess
weight, particularly in birds, and this includes the the bladder and bowels.

He found every one of the cityslickers absolutely covered in geese feces
from head to toe.  The lead guy slowly removed his yellow RayBans and
muttered in complete humiliation,

"They shot first."

sounds like up here a 'ute" is an SUV.

Les

Greetings,

As long as were way way off, this reminds me of a saying I heard in Wyoming:
  "Wyoming, where men are men and sheep are scared!"

Regards, Pete