[LargeFormat] renovation

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 17 13:40:12 2002

I bought a  black camera from a professional and it shows signs of heavy
use. The bellows is coming apart at the seam along the underside. I guess a
modern adhesive spread thinly along the seam should fix this.   The other
sign of wear is the black enamel which has worn off unevenly. It's not a
matter of a respray- it needs the remaining black enamel removing first,  or
smoothing off at its edges. Can't believe this latter would work.
Can anybody tell me what gets black paint off an old metal camera body
please?   Philip