[LargeFormat] 8x10 advice

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 13 19:52:17 2002

I used an 8x10 Deardorff for many years as a commercial photographer. I did
a lot of studio work with it as well as on location. I also had a 4x5
reducing back.

I recently borrowed a Sinar 8x10 camera for a project. It was very easy to
use and very precise. The Deardorf is not exactly precise as there are no
degree markings anywhere.

The Deardorf folds up and is easy to carry. The Sinar was a monorail and
required a very large carrying case.

It depends upon your needs as to which type of camera you should get. For
studio work and not much field work, I choose the Sinar. For the reverse, I
choose the Deardorf.

Jim