[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool

john frost largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 10 12:49:23 2002

About a century ago, astronomers discovered the benefits of chilled
film. At really low temperatures (-40F), film tends to lose its
reciprocity failure. Today's amateur and professional astronomers use
dry ice to chill film during exposures of several hours - this works
well with color materials as well as b&w.

FWIW

john (:>)