[LargeFormat] Large Format in Rome, Italy

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 3 19:42:05 2002

Will be travelling to Rome on business for a few days soon - yeah,
well someone has to do it ;-)

My last trip on Al Italia in late September last year was not large
format friendly in terms of strict hand luggage policies. Only one
piece of hand baggage was allowed and the size restrictions were
followed to the letter. Everything in the hand baggage was opened and
searched plus tested for functionality and that included cameras.

For this reason I am thinking about leaving the kit at home for this
trip - unless someone on the list has travelled Al Italia to Italy
recently and can advise me differently.

I use Grafmatics and would not want someone to try opening one up
(even if it was in the dark or in a changing bag) as the septums are
bound to become bent in the process......

Even if I took ordinary film holders it may be a problem - has anyone
had their film holders opened at the inspection point?

Have worked out that a Korona 4x5 and a 203mm Ektar plus a 90mm
Angulon may just fit inside my hand luggage. The 90mm Angulon would
need a lens board flange though....

In the event that I do not take the kit - any recommendations for
large format camera shops to browse would be welcome.